- Share existing skills and gain new ones
- Meet new people and create social connections
- Contribute to community
Centacare acknowledges and values the contribution volunteers make to the agency, its clients, and the community as we strive towards our vision.
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 600 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is an inclusive, child safe and a quality accredited organisation
About the Volunteer Position
We have a volunteer opportunity for a Cook at Wandana Community Centre.
Wandana Community Centre at Gilles Plains is commencing a new program to offer affordable cooked lunches to clients.
We are looking for volunteers to assist with food preparation, cooking, serving, cleaning up and interacting with clients. This would be a fortnightly commitment on Wednesday’s from 9:00am-2:00pm.
- Planning menu for groups of people
- Cooking for large groups
- Preparing shopping list
- Interacting with clients
We are looking for motivated individuals who:
- have previous experience in food handling and catering
- are committed and reliable
- have a good level of communication and interpersonal skills
- have a caring and patient attitude towards others
- are willing to provide the best possible customer service
- are able to volunteer in a team environment with other staff & volunteers
- are able to comply with the confidentiality & privacy policies of Centacare
- have a genuine desire to help
- have a high level of integrity
- are able to take direction from staff
Our volunteers must have a valid Working with Children Check which we can support you to obtain.
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious environment free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values.
The benefits of volunteering at Centacare include:
- having fun & making a difference
- increase self confidence
- stay physically & mentally healthy
- a pathway to employment
- annual celebration volunteer celebrations
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN UNPAID ROLE.
How to Apply
To submit your application click on the Apply button!
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Jacinta Toy, Volunteer Coordinator, on 08 8215 6700 or [email protected]