- Supportive teams in a reputable organisation
- Opportunity to work in diverse service areas
- SCHCADS Award 2010, Crisis Accommodation Employee Level 1 + casual loading + weekend penalties (see pay rates attachment)
- 6 casual pool positions available across sites in Pooraka, Stepney, Fullarton, Elizabeth, Blair Athol and Morphett Vale
Expand and showcase your skills working across various programs supporting young people in the areas of homelessness, pregnancy/parenting support, and drug and alcohol.
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 600 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is a child safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
The Support Worker will have the opportunity to work across Centacare’s various 24/7 accommodation programs and support young people in the areas of mental health, drug and alcohol misuse, homelessness, pregnancy and parenting and similar. Inductions, training and support will be provided.
The main responsibilities of the Support Worker will be to:
- Gain rapport with clients in a trauma informed way
- Manage a residential facility, often on a lone shift with support from on call
- Undertake daily tasks as required for each site
- Maintain the safety and security of clients, site and self
- Case note and complete all communication and handover requirements
The Support Worker will be flexible and able to implement a range of supports related to mental health and well-being, substance use, relationship/family dynamics and have the skills to apply a trauma informed approach.
A successful candidate will be someone who is adaptable, enjoys variety in their work and has the flexibility and desire to work and travel to various residential locations including Stepney, Fullarton, Blair Athol, Pooraka, Elizabeth South and Morphett Vale.
- Minimum Certificate IV in Community Services OR Degree in Social Work/ Social Science or working towards
- Department for Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check (previously known as Child-Related Employment Clearance)
- Safe Environments - Through Their Eyes Training Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Understanding of and ability to apply theories including strengths perspective, crisis intervention and trauma informed care
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Willingness and ability to travel to various locations in the Northern, Eastern and Southern metropolitan suburbs
- Willingness and availability to work a rotating roster, including passive/active overnights and weekends
- Availability to attend shifts at short notice
Some sites may need you to undertake a Psychological Assessment and with a suitable outcome. This would be arranged by Centacare if your application progresses. More info:
- Experience working with young people in the areas of homelessness, pregnancy/parenting support, drug and alcohol misuse, mental health, youth justice, and similar
- Experience using Athena Penelope and/or H2H data collection systems
Our Culture and Benefits
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients, maintains our reputation as a great place to work!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the essential criteria and experience required in this role. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!