- Join one of the leading disability support providers in SA
- Access training in a supported environment
- Rewarding role in a client focussed team
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 500 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is an inclusive, child safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
The Disability Support Worker will assist in the provision of high quality care for individuals with physical and/or intellectual disabilities both in-home and in the community. Centacare's Disability Services programs provide accommodation, day options or respite services and are underpinned by a strengths-based, person-centred approach. We aim to maximise client independence by addressing their individual needs, building positive home environments and relationships with families and the community. Working in partnership with the clients and their formal and informal support networks, some of the key responsibilities of the Disability Support Worker are to:
- Assist with personal care (e.g. dental hygiene, showering)
- Assist with household duties (e.g. cooking, cleaning, shopping)
- Support clients in accessing appointments (e.g. doctor, dentist)
- Support clients in accessing recreational activities
- Monitor and report on client progress, health and other issues
To be considered for this position you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Certificate III in Disability Services or Individual Support, or a commitment to commence undertaking a Certificate III within 6 months of employment
- Valid Department of Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check (previously known as ‘Child-Related Employment Screening Clearance’)
- Valid DHS Disability Services Employment Clearance
- Valid Senior First Aid Certificate & CPR
- Valid Australian Driver's Licence
- Willingness and availability to work evenings, weekends and overnights
- Experience using Athena Penelope electronic client management system
- Experience working with people with a disability and their families
- Experience providing direct in-home support to individuals with physical and/or intellectual disabilities
- Manual handling certificate less than 12 months old
Our Culture and Benefits
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
To hear from some of our disability workers, have a look at this video!
How to Apply
If you meet all of the essential criteria, please submit a resume and a cover letter and complete the application by clicking Apply! We will be in touch as soon as vacancies arise.