- Work in a safe and welcoming space
- Be creative in your approach and have fun
- SCHCADS Award Level 3 + casual loading + paid meal breaks + first aid allowance
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 500 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is a child safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
The AOD Youth Worker will work in the Integrated Youth Substance Misuse Service (IYSMS) which provides 24/7 support and accommodation to young people who are living with drug and/or alcohol issues. The service operates on a roster of three shifts, 8.5 hours each, across a 24 hour period. It provides a short-term, 24 hour, sobering up service and a longer-term, 6 to 8 week, residential intervention service. The AOD Youth Worker will provide a range of supports related to substance use, mental health and well-being, and relationship/family dynamic as follows:
- Use various therapeutic interventions
- Provide individual support
- Co-facilitate group sessions and activities
- Help to develop independent living skills
To be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Certificate IV in Alcohol & Other Drugs
- Experience in working with individuals who have experienced substance abuse will be well regarded
- A Department of Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check (previously known as Child-Related Employment Screening Clearance)
- Senior First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain one
- Willingness and availability to work a rotating roster, including overnights and weekends
- Valid Driver's Licence
Our Culture and Benefits
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients, maintains our reputation as an Employer of Choice and a great place to work! We offer a supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Gillian Bridgen, Manager on (08) 8215 6785.
Applications close at 9am on Friday 24 January 2020.
No agencies please.