Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of people with a Disability ?
Be part of an organisation that makes a real difference.
- Join one of the leading Disability Support providers in SA
- Access to ongoing training in a supported environment
- Options to salary sacrifice portion of wage
- Health Insurance discounts with BUPA and Medibank Private
As a Disability Support Worker, you will help people with a disability achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
We are looking for....
Highly motivated, confident & reliable people to join our committed team in the provision of quality accommodation, day options and respite services for individuals with Intellectual Disability.
We welcome applicants with qualifications or experience in Disability, Youth Work and/or Mental Health.
Centacare is a quality accredited organisation and one of South Australia’s most progressive and vibrant agencies.
Centacare Catholic Family Services provides a range of quality human services to individuals, families, and the community.
We are passionate about giving children and adults living with a disability the opportunity to reach their full potential. It is upon this person-centred approach that Centacare has built a reputation for providing flexible, quality care and support.
To find out more about our history, please follow this link:
The Story of Centacare
About the role....
The Level 1 Disability Support Worker is responsible for assisting in the provision of quality direct care services for people with disabilities, who have a range of support needs, including high support. To assist in the provision of services which are community focussed, based around individual client needs, and which ensure positive relationships with families.
The successful applicants will support individuals to maximise their independence & opportunities for community inclusion by implementing a strength based, person centred approach.
Your role will involve providing high quality, individualised and responsive support services, both in-home and in the community, to clients with a range of physical and intellectual disabilities. You will work in partnership with clients and their informal and formal support networks to assist in building and achieving a quality of life that is meaningful for them. This may involve providing a variety of services designed to assist clients in their day to day life such as:
- Community access including social/community support
- Skill development and capacity building
- Domestic assistance (including meal preparation)
- Personal care (including assistance with showering, toileting and grooming)
- Ongoing training is provided throughout your time at Centacare and you will be well supported by our friendly office staff.
What you will need....
- A current Driver’s Licence is essential for this position.
- You must possess a Senior First Aid Certificate & CPR.
- A Department of Community and Social Inclusion Child Related Employment Screening Clearance is essential for this position.
- A commitment to undertake training as required.
- Good availability and prepared to work weekends, evenings and overnight.
- Certificate III in Disability or similar, or commitment to commence undertaking a Certificate III in Disability Work within 6 months.
- Mobile phone access.
- Experience working with people with a disability and their families.
- Experience working in community based human service.
- Experience providing direct in-home support to consumers with physical and intellectual disabilities
Please submit a cover letter and resume in one document, with your application giving us a brief overview of your previous relevant experience and what interests you in this role.
This is a rewarding role for a professional who is aligned with the Centacare mission of providing relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and will enable them to participate fully, in the community.
Applications close Monday 3 September 2018.