- Reputable and longstanding organisation
- Experienced and supportive leadership
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award Level 7 ($94,700 p/a)
Lead a team of 12 dedicated workers in a 24/7 supported accommodation setting supporting young women who are homeless and pregnant or parenting.
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 600 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is an inclusive, child safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
The Manager will provide supervision, support and best practice guidance to staff in delivering services to our clients at Louise Place. The Manager will ensure that the client’s voice is heard, the children’s needs are identified and responded to in a developmentally appropriate manner. The Manager will have an understanding of trauma informed practice and attachment theory with a clear understanding of how this applies to our clients and within a 24/7 setting.
Some of the key responsibilities in this role include:
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Manager to successfully manage the program
- Contribute as a member of the Unit management team
- Ensure all requirements for the Children’s Licence are met
- Ensure effective recruitment, induction and training and the coordination and provision of ongoing professional development
- Provide clinical and management supervision to staff including case reviews
- Lead strategic program development and planning
To be considered for this position you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling or a related field
- Valid Department for Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check
- Must complete a Psychological Assessment and attain a suitable outcome in line with the Children and Young People Safety Act 2017
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Proven experience in promoting and developing teamwork and an effective work environment
- Experience in development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Demonstrated skills relating to tender writing and grant submissions
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and consultative skills
- Experience using H2H
- Management experience in a non-government setting
- Membership with a relevant professional association (e.g. Australian Counselling Association or Australian Association of Social Workers)
Our Culture and Benefits
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
Applications will close at 5pm on Tuesday 11 August 2020.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Kara Piltz, Executive Manager, on 08 8215 6700.
With respect, no agencies please.