- Reputable and longstanding organisation
- Experienced and supportive leadership
- Salary sacrifice and vehicle available
- SCHCADS Award 2010 Social and Community Services Employee Level 7
Bring your management and NDIS experience into this key leadership role and drive transformation and growth of this Direct Care Services Program.
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 600 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is an inclusive, child safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
The Direct Care Service (DCS) program provides in home and community services to Disability and Aged Care clients. The Manager, who is part of the NCN Unit leadership team, will lead and maintain a professional and functional team that demonstrates efficiency in service provision for clients. The team is comprised of 5 office staff and approximately 30 Direct Care Workers.
Some of the key duties in this role will include:
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Manager to ensure successful delivery of the program
- Lead the DCS team’s operational strategies that focus on ensuring quality and safe service management and delivery
- Work collaboratively with NCN management to minimise business risk and ensure regulatory compliance
- Maintain client relationships, prioritising services and fulfilling service agreement requirements
- Develop and maintain collaborative professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Efficiently manage and support a diverse team of predominantly casual employees
To be considered for this position you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in an area of Human Services (e.g. Social Work; Disability and Developmental Education)
- Valid Department for Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check
- DHS Disability Services Employment Screening Clearance
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Experience in a management role within the disability or aged care sector
- Experience in managing high volumes of services within a community care setting
- Experience in managing service provision for NDIS funded clients in accordance with the compliance requirements of the NDIS Practice Standards
- Comprehensive knowledge of the NDIS Rules and the Quality and Safeguards Framework
- Proven experience in promoting and developing teamwork and an effective work environment
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to strategic thinking
- Management experience in a non-government setting
- Operational level financial management experience
- Knowledge of Lumary (formerly Enrite Care), Skedulo, Conga, Pendula, Salesforce and Penelope software
Our Culture and Benefits
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Maria Ross, Executive Manager, Northern Carers Network on 08 8228 8924.
Applications will close at 5pm on Wednesday 8 July 2020
With respect, no agencies please.