Join a supportive, dedicated and driven team to make a difference
Full time position (Contract until 30 March 2021)
Salary Packaging and Car available
SCHCADS Award Social and Community Services Employee Level 5
Our Family Preservation Service works to increase parenting capacity, and address safety concerns. If you are passionate about supporting, advocating and working alongside families this might be the role for you!
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 600 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is an inclusive, child safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
The Family Preservation Worker is responsible for working in partnership with families, Department for Child Protection and other professionals in a multidisciplinary team setting. The multi-disciplinary team includes the Manager, Senior Practitioner, Clinical Nurse and Case Manager who provide a holistic wrap around family support service.
The key duties in this role include:
- Establishing and developing respectful and transparent engagement with families to assess their parenting strengths and areas of support need
- Working in partnership with other services, including allied health professionals, education staff, NDIS providers, Department for Child Protection and other community stakeholders
- Working collaboratively within a Multi-disciplinary team and with key stakeholders to enhance quality of service delivery and improve outcomes for children and their families
- Completing regular qualitative and quantitative reports
- Advocating for parents and children to ensure their identified support needs are met
- Social Work Degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of Child Protection Legislation
- Understanding of therapeutic approaches for children and young people with trauma backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience in managing a caseload and case planning with families
- Completed "Safe Environments – Through Their Eyes" training
- Minimum 2 years case work experience, working with children and families within the child protection field
- Valid Department of Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check
- Experience using Athena Penelope electronic client management system
Our Culture and Benefits
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Megan Jones, Manager, on 08 8159 1400.
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 13 July 2020.
With respect, no agencies please.