- Join a cohesive and professional team
- Expand and apply your skills in a multidisciplinary team
- Contract until 30 June 2021 (extension subject to funding)
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award 2010 Level 4 (currently $35.63 p/h)
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 600 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is an inclusive, child safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
Centacare Drug and Alcohol Service (CDAS) offers a range of support and recovery opportunities for individuals living with substance use, and their family and friends who may be supporting them. CDAS supports young people aged 10-30 years, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people and people who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer (aged 10 years and over).
The purpose of the AOD Lived Experience Worker role is to:
- Work collaboratively with the Manager and the team to help achieve program objectives
- Promote and raise awareness of the CDAS service through attending network meetings and service visits as appropriate
- Deliver counselling with clients through home visits, office based appointments and other locations as needed
- Deliver small groups where appropriate to young people as needed
- Support clients to explore and engage with community recovery based groups such as AA, NA and Smart Recovery – including attending with them as required and appropriate to do so
- Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) or equivalent qualification
- Must have a lived experience of Alcohol or Other Drug dependence and be able to demonstrate significant AOD recovery
- Willing and able to safely and appropriately share this lived experience with clients, colleagues and manager
- Valid Department for Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check. Checks can be initiated at https://screening.sa.gov.au/
- Valid Australian Driver's Licence
- Experience working with young people confronted by alcohol and other drug use and their families
- Degree in a relevant area of Human Services
- Experience using Athena Penelope electronic client management system
Our Culture and Benefits
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Damien Chalmers, Manager, on 08 8303 6660.
Applications will close at 5pm on Tuesday 11 August 2020.
With respect, no agencies please.