- Reputable and longstanding organisation
- Experienced and supportive leadership
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award Level 7 ($94,700 p/a)
- Salary sacrifice available to maximise your take-home pay
Are you passionate about community services and development? We have a rare opportunity in a community centre setting for a vibrant and enthusiastic manager!
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 600 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is an inclusive, child safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
The Manager is responsible for the management of Centacare’s Wandana Community Centre which includes a Family Support Program and an Adult Community Education Program. Working collaboratively with other service providers, Wandana Community Centre provides a range of social, educational, recreational and community services for a diverse group of people in the local community of Gilles Plains and surrounding suburbs. The Manager is responsible for 7 staff and approximately 35 volunteers.
Some of the key duties in this role include:
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Manager to successfully manage all aspects of Wandana Community Centre
- Contribute as a member of the Relationship Support Services Unit management team
- Build team capacity and confidence in case management and service delivery
- Foster a team culture that enhances the effectiveness of the team and Volunteer Program
- Ensure proper recruitment and induction of staff and volunteers with support from HR Coordinator and Volunteer Coordinator respectively
- Oversee and drive staff training and development including compulsory training compliance
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling or a related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar leadership role
- Experience in development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Demonstrated skills relating to tender writing and grant submissions
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and consultative skills
- Experience in leading and managing individuals and teams and projects
- Valid Department for Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check. Checks can be initiated at https://screening.sa.gov.au/
- Management experience in a non-government setting
- Experience in community development
- Membership with a relevant professional association (e.g. Australian Counselling Association or Australian Association of Social Workers)
- Experience and/or qualification in adult education
- Experience managing volunteers
- Experience using Athena Penelope electronic client management system
Our Culture and Benefits
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
Here is a video about some of the work we do in Relationships Support Services Unit (including Wandana Community Centre!)
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Lisa Osborne, Executive Manager, on 08 8215 6700.
Applications will close at 5pm on Wednesday 19 August 2020.
With respect, no agencies please.