- Experienced and supportive leadership
- Longstanding and reputable organisation
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award Level 7 ($94,744 p/a) plus regional allowance
Rare opportunity for a key management role at Centacare Mt. Gambier leading approximately 8 staff to deliver innovative and diverse programs with strong community connections.
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 600 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is an inclusive, child safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
The Site Manager Centacare South-East will report to the Executive Manager of the Relationship Support Services (RSS) Unit and will be responsible for the delivery of two RSS programs including Family Connections and Family Relationship Counselling.
Additionally, the Manager will be a custodian for other programs that are being delivered from the Mt. Gambier office by Centacare's Children's Services Unit (Targeted Intervention Service) and Health, Wellbeing and Education Unit (ACCESS Programs). Whilst the Manager will not be directly responsible for the delivery of these programs, they will oversee all operational matters for the site and ensure all staff are supervised and supported.
The Site Manager Centacare South-East will ensure the following:
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Manager and other Managers whose programs operate at the site
- Provide support and expertise in the service delivery, evaluation and review of programs
- Foster a team culture that enhances the effectiveness of the team and site
- Provide support and monitoring of Site administration and Site WHS responsibilities
- Ensure effective recruitment, induction and training and the coordination and provision of ongoing professional development
- Develop and maintain existing and new programs from the Mt. Gambier site
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling or a related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar leadership role
- Experience in leading and managing individuals, teams and projects
- Experience in development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Demonstrated skills relating to tender writing and grant submissions
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and consultative skills
- Valid Department for Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check. Checks can be initiated at https://screening.sa.gov.au/
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Experience in providing services to families with children
- Management experience in a non-government setting
- Experience using Athena Penelope electronic client management system
- Membership with a relevant professional association (e.g. Australian Counselling Association or Australian Association of Social Workers)
- Experience and/or qualification in Community Development
- Experience working with Aboriginal and CALD communities
Our Culture and Benefits
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Lisa Osborne, Executive Manager, on 08 8215 6700.
Applications will close at 5pm on Wednesday 23 September 2020.
With respect, no agencies please.