- Friendly, collaborative and supportive environment
- Long standing and reputable organisation
- Contract until 30 June 2020 with possibility of extension
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award Level 5 ($40.63 p/h)
Rewarding opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary team supporting a diverse group of clients aged 10-30 years.
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 600 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is an inclusive, child safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
Centacare Drug and Alcohol Service (CDAS) offers a range of support and recovery opportunities for individuals living with substance use, and their family and friends who may be supporting them. CDAS supports young people aged 10-30 years, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people and people who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer (aged 10 years and over).
The AOD Clinician would have the following key duties:
- Deliver counselling with clients through home visits, office based appointments and other locations as needed
- Apply motivational interviewing, brief therapy, CBT, ACT, relapse prevention and other relevant techniques to support individuals in addressing their AOD goals
- Undertake therapeutic interventions including assessment, counselling, family work, referral and consultancy
- Promote and raise awareness of the CDAS service through attending network meetings and service visits as appropriate
- Degree in Social Work or a related field (e.g. Certificate IV Alcohol and Other Drugs)
- Experience working with young people and their families confronted by alcohol and other drug issues
- Valid Department for Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check. Checks can be initiated at https://screening.sa.gov.au/
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Experience working with people who are part of the LGBTIQ+ community
- Experience working with Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people
- Experience using Athena Penelope electronic client management system
Our Culture and Benefits
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Damien Chalmers, Manager, on 8303 6684.
Applications will close at 5pm on Tuesday 22 September 2020.
With respect, no agencies please.