- Tight knit and supportive team
- Experienced and supportive leadership
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award 2010, Crisis Accommodation Employee Level 3
- Contract until 30 June 2021 (extension subject to funding)
A rewarding opportunity for a dedicated worker to join our mission to promote the safety of women and their children in the Murray Mallee and Adelaide Hills regions.
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 500 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is an inclusive, child safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
Murray Mallee and Adelaide Hills Domestic Violence Service provides supported accommodation and related services to women and their children who are experiencing domestic and family violence, and who are homeless or at risk of homelessness as a result of that violence. The Case Manager will provide case management support in line with approved Case Management Guidelines. Through an individualised case plan, the Case Manager will provide support with, or refer to appropriate services for support with the following:
- Risk Assessment
- Safety Planning
- Secure long term housing
- Financial Management
- Independent living skills
Please read the attached Position Description for the full list of duties.
To be considered for this position you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Valid Department for Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check (previously known as Child-Related Employment Screening Clearance). Checks can be initiated at https://screening.sa.gov.au/
- Degree in Social work or a related discipline
- Experience in areas of domestic violence, mental health, substance abuse, homelessness case management, and trauma informed practice
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Some travel to Adelaide for training/meetings will be required
- Experience using H2H data record management system
- Experience working with Indigenous families
- Experience working with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) families
- Experience working in rural communities
Our Culture and Benefits
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Gayle Tourish, Manager, on 08 8215 6320.
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 28 September 2020.
With respect, no agencies please.