- Client focused and passionate team
- Experienced and supportive leadership
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Employee, Crisis Accommodation Level 3 ($40.62 per hour)
- Contract until 30 June 2021 (extension subject to funding)
Are you passionate about working with young people with high and complex needs? Join our team and offer specialist support to young people under 18 in all areas of their lives.
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 600 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is an inclusive, child safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
Outer North Youth Homelessness Service provides services to young people aged 15 and up to 25 years who are at risk of homelessness or who are homeless and are based in The Barossa, Gawler and Playford regions. The Adolescent Specialist works with young people who are under the age of eighteen, including eight young people who reside at Carlow Place, to provide a specialist response for all areas of their life. This may include independent living skills, navigating housing options, connecting to education, health matters, assistance to gain belongings, and linking in with other community services in the local area. Some of the key duties in this role include:
- Conduct Intakes and Assessments to determine needs for young people who are under eighteen
- Conduct ongoing risk and safety assessments for at risk young people
- Conducts assertive outreach within the community
- Provide crisis support to presenting clients with high risk and complex needs
- Develop and review case plans to achieve mutually determined goals
- Apply thorough knowledge of the homelessness sector and other key referral agencies to coordinate service delivery through appropriate referral
To be considered for this position you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Degree in Social Work or a related discipline
- Experience in case management
- Demonstrated ability to monitor, review and assess client progress
- Thorough of adolescent young people, homelessness and related issues
- Experience in working in 24/7 supported accommodation programs for young people
- Clinical knowledge of trauma informed approach and adolescent development
- Experience working with young people with complex issue
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Valid Department for Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check. Checks can be initiated at https://screening.sa.gov.au/
- Must undertake a Psychological Assessment and with a suitable outcome. This will be arranged by Centacare if your application progresses. More info via link https://www.childprotection.sa.gov.au/service-providers/service-provision-requirements/psychological-assessment
- Experience using H2H data collection systems
- Experience in the homelessness sector and in similar organisations
- Experience in managing tenancies such as moving in and out of property procedures including leases and the application of the Residential Tenancies Act
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate service delivery on behalf of clients
Our Culture and Benefits
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Tracy Ingram on 8412 9570.
Applications will close at 5pm on Thursday 24 September 2020.
With respect, no agencies please.