- Reputable and longstanding organisation
- Experienced and supportive leadership
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award Level 7 ($94,700 p/a)
- Salary sacrifice available to maximise your take-home pay
- Contract until 30 June 2021 (extension subject to funding)
Are you passionate about youth mental health? Looking for a leadership role? We have a rare opportunity for a manager to join headspace Port Adelaide.
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 600 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is an inclusive, child safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
Centacare, as the lead agency of a consortium-based model, is responsible for operating the headspace Port Adelaide program. headspace is Australia's National Youth Mental Health Foundation. The headspace vision is that all young Australians are supported to be mentally healthy and engaged in their communities. headspace’s mission is to design and deliver innovative ways of working with young people to strengthen their mental health and wellbeing.
Some of the key duties in this role include:
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Manager to successfully manage the program
- Contribute as a member of the Unit management team
- Foster a team culture that enhances the effectiveness of the team
- Ensure effective recruitment, induction and training and the coordination and provision of ongoing professional development
- Provide management supervision to staff
- Lead strategic program development and planning
- Degree qualification in the human services or health fields
- Minimum 3 years' experience in managing innovative human service programs
- Experience in leading and managing individuals and teams
- Experience in promoting and developing teamwork and an effective work environment
- Experience in development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Demonstrated skills relating to tender writing and grant submissions
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and consultative skills
- Sounds knowledge and experience of Youth Mental Health
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Valid Department for Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check. Checks can be initiated at https://screening.sa.gov.au/
- Management experience in a non-government setting
- Experience using Mastercare electronic client management system
- Membership with a relevant professional association (e.g. Australian Counselling Association or Australian Association of Social Workers)
Our Culture and Benefits
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Helene Nielsen, Executive Manager, on 08 8215 6700.
Applications will close at 5pm on Friday 25 September 2020.
With respect, no agencies please.