- Ongoing role with opportunity for growth
- Longstanding and reputable organisation
- Salary sacrifice available to reduce your tax and maximise your take home pay
Perfect role for an experienced and energetic administrator, open to grow in this key role as our Registered Training Organisation (RTO) arm expands.
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 600 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is an inclusive, child safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
Centacare Registered Training Organisation (RTO) delivers a variety of accredited qualifications that that meet community and workforce needs across South Australia. Centacare RTO has been in existence for over 15 years and has offered qualifications relating to Work, Health and Safety; Community Services and Foundation Skills.
The Administration Assistant will work with the RTO Manager and a team of Trainers and Assessors and will be responsible for all administration activities related to the work of the RTO. The key duties in this role will include:
- Act as the first point of contact for RTO related enquiries from learners, potential learners and others
- Respond to queries and progress administrative matters in a timely manner with the advice and guidance of the RTO Manager and Trainers and Assessors
- Undertake and maintain student administration, enrolment and course completion processes
- Assist the RTO Manager with coordination of trainers and course delivery, including collation of course material
- Maintain integrity of student records and course delivery using student management systems VASTO and STELA
- Manage and process course payments and invoices in accordance with Centacare processes
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role with a broad range of administrative duties
- Excellent attention to detail and high quality of work
- Friendly approach and a can-do attitude
- Excellent computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Publisher etc.)
- Advanced skills and experience using student management systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise to work to deadlines
- Proven ability to work independently and effectively in a multi-faceted team environment
- Valid Department for Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check. Checks can be initiated at https://screening.sa.gov.au/
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Experience working in a Registered Training Organisation in a similar role
- Certificate IV in Business Administration
- Experience in extracting reports from data systems such as STELA and VASTO
- Training & Assessment Qualification
- E-learning software knowledge
- Experience in the community services sector and/or not-for-profit sector
Our Culture and Benefits
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Katie Ryan, Manager, on 08 8215 6700.
Applications will close at 5pm on Wednesday 30 September 2020.
With respect, no agencies please.