- Longstanding and reputable organisation
- Tight-knit and diverse team
- Salary sacrifice available to reduce your tax and maximise your take home pay
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award 2010 Level 5
- Contract until 30 June 2021 (extension subject to funding)
Opportunity for an experienced Counsellor to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide support in the South-Eastern community to children, individuals, couples and families.
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 600 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is an inclusive, child safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
The Family Relationship Counselling Program is offered to children, individuals, couples and families who are facing difficulties in their relationships or alternatively, who wish to enrich their family relationships.
Some of the key duties in the Family Relationship Counsellor role will include:
- Work collaboratively with the Program Manager to ensure successful delivery of the service
- Engage in a range of counselling and education modalities in order to work with individuals, children and families through strength based and empowerment approaches
- Apply thorough knowledge and understanding of child development and a clear child focused approach to all aspects of working with children and families
- Apply knowledge of family dynamics and understanding of influence systems have on individuals and families
- Provide referral pathways for individuals, children and families if needed
- Tertiary qualifications in Counselling OR tertiary qualifications in Social Work/ Psychology with substantial counselling experience
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel) and other software to fulfil requirements of the role
- Valid Department for Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check. Checks can be initiated at https://screening.sa.gov.au/
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Counselling experience with couples
- Counselling experience with children
- An understanding of the family court process
- Experience using Athena Penelope client records management software
- Experience in the community services sector and/or not-for-profit sector
Our Culture and Benefits
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Sally McLaren, Manager, on 08 8215 6312.
Applications will close at 5pm on Tuesday 29 September 2020.
With respect, no agencies please.