- Committed and client focused team
- Experienced and supportive leadership
- 2x positions available (one being a maternity leave cover)
- SCHCADS Award (Crisis Accommodation Employee Level 1 ($31.75p/h)) + penalty rates
Support young women who are pregnant or parenting in 24/7 accommodation and outreach program. Morphett Vale and Blair Athol locations.
Our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ 600 staff across metropolitan and regional locations. We deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is a child-safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
Family Support Workers provide case work and support to young pregnant and/or parenting women and their children utilising a range of skills to assist young women to develop independent living skills, increase their mental health and well-being and support positive relationship/family dynamics. Young women are supported to have good attachment relationships with their children and workers are aware of the impact of homelessness on the health and development of children.
Daily activities include:
- Implementation of case management responsibilities
- Case noting
- Keeping H2H data up to date and accurate
- Assistance with independent living skills including self-care, developing parenting skills and skills to maintain tenancy
- Support for identified issues such as mental health, drug and alcohol use
- Certificate III in Community Services or equivalent
- Knowledge of child development and parent-child attachment
- Knowledge of the impact of homelessness on young women and their children
- Proficiency in computer use and ability to learn/use databases
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing and available to work night shifts and weekends
- Valid Department for Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check. Checks can be initiated at https://screening.sa.gov.au/
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Certificate IV in Community services
- Experience using H2H data collection system
- Experience in a similar role
Culture and Benefits
We believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Anthea Francis, Program Manager, on 08 8215 6700.
Applications will close at 5pm on Thursday 25 March 2021.
With respect, no agencies please.