- Highly skilled multidisciplinary team
- Experienced and supportive leadership
- SCHCADS Award Level 5 ($82,700 p/a + super + salary sacrifice tax saving benefit)
- Full time or part time hours negotiable
- Initially based at Seaton, but relocating permanently to a Northern Adelaide base in the near future
Early intervention service focused on strengthening parenting capacity to improve family functioning and child safety with children under 18 years of age.
Our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ 600 staff across metropolitan and regional locations. We deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is a child-safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
The Financial Counsellor (FC) /Advocate (FA), is responsible for working in partnership with families and other professionals in a multidisciplinary team. The FC provides trauma informed financial assessment, education, financial literacy, referral and advocacy. The FC will monitor and plan Brokerage use for each family. The financial interventions will inform case management and the overarching child safety risk factors. The FC will work in partnership with the Case Managers to support family and child wellbeing.
Some of the key duties in this role will include:
- Transparent and assertive engagement with families to assess their financial needs
- Use of financial assessments to inform and support families with money management plans and contribute to the integrated case planning processes
- Lead financial advocacy and referrals for families who are experiencing financial stress that is contributing to overall risk factors to safety and well-being
- Provide inclusive culturally responsive support to improve their relationships and connections to health services, as well as enhance their financial literacy, in creating sustainable safety and stability for their family
- Provide referrals, advocacy and in-home and community based interventions to support families to address health, medical and developmental needs
See attached Position Description for full details.
- Qualification in Financial Counselling
- Knowledge of Child Protection Legislation
- Experience providing financial counselling services to vulnerable families
- Experience working with vulnerable families with complex needs
- Valid Department for Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check. Checks can be initiated at https://screening.sa.gov.au/
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Case Management Experience
- Sound theoretical knowledge of the impact of childhood trauma and factors affecting attachment as well as relevant therapeutic interventions
- Experience using Athena Penelope client records management software
Culture and Benefits
We believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Megan Jones, Manager, on 08 8215 6700.
Applications will close at 5pm on Tuesday 20 April 2021.