- Take a lead role in promoting women's safety
- Experienced and supportive leadership
- Longstanding and reputable organisation
- SCHCADS Award Level 7 $97,800 p/a + super + salary sacrifice + phone
Lead 2 teams of 8 employees to deliver support and accommodation to women and children experiencing domestic violence. Murray Bridge or Mount Gambier negotiable.
Our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ 600 staff across metropolitan and regional locations. We deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is a child-safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
Southern Country Domestic Violence Services provides support and supported accommodation for women and children experiencing domestic violence or Aboriginal family violence, and who are homeless or at risk of homelessness as a result of that violence. The Manager, Southern Country Domestic Violence Service manages the Murray Mallee and Adelaide Hills and Limestone Coast programs.
The key duties in this role will include:
- Supporting staff located at the Murray Bridge and Mount Gambier sites
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Manager and Regional Manager to successfully manage the program
- Contribute to and support the Statewide DFV Alliance
- Foster a team culture that enhances the effectiveness of the team
- Build team capacity and confidence in case management and service delivery
- Minimum Social Work degree or similar qualification
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of domestic violence and related issues
- Proven experience in promoting and developing teamwork and an effective work environment
- Experience in development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal consultative skills
- Experience in leading and managing individuals and teams
- An understanding of the issues related to working in a rural community
- Demonstrated excellent skills and outcomes in community engagement
- Valid Department for Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check. Checks can be initiated at https://screening.sa.gov.au/
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Experience using H2H data collection system
- Management experience in a non-government setting
Culture and Benefits
We believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Kara Piltz, Executive Manager, on 08 8215 6700.
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 5 April 2021.
With respect, no agencies please.