- Experienced and supportive leadership
- Longstanding and reputable organisation
- SCHCADS Award Crisis Accommodation Employee Level 4, $90,400 p/a + super + salary sacrifice
A rewarding opportunity for an experienced worker to join our mission to promote the safety of women and their children. Murray Bridge base.
Our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ 600 staff across metropolitan and regional locations. We deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is a child-safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
Southern Country Domestic Violence Services provides support and supported accommodation for women and children experiencing domestic violence or Aboriginal family violence, and who are homeless or at risk of homelessness as a result of that violence. This service also includes providing support under the DFV-CAP program, as well as the Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme.
The Lead Practitioner will work in the Murray Mallee and Adelaide Hills Domestic Violence Service and will have the following duties:
- Manage own case load
- Provide direction, consultation and support to Case Managers and Case Workers in the provision of quality outcomes to clients
- Provide clinical supervision to Case Managers and Case Workers in consultation with the Manager
- Participate in and support the work of the Statewide DFV Alliance
- As directed by the Manager, support and implement initiatives towards providing a seamless service across the Southern Country Region
- Degree in Social Work or equivalent
- Experience in areas of domestic violence, mental health, substance abuse, homelessness and case management, and trauma informed practice
- Valid Department for Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check. Checks can be initiated at https://screening.sa.gov.au/
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Experience in provision of direction, support and supervision to staff
- Experience working with indigenous families
- Experience working with CaLD families
- Experience working in rural areas
Culture and Benefits
We believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Kara Piltz, Executive Manager, on 08 8215 6700.
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 5 April 2021.
With respect, no agencies please.