- Newly created program
- Highly skilled multidisciplinary team
- Experienced and supportive leadership
- SCHCADS Award Level 5 ($41.89 p/h + super + salary sacrifice tax saving benefit)
Early intervention service focused on strengthening parenting capacity to improve family functioning and child safety with children under 18 years of age.
Our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ 600 staff across metropolitan and regional locations. We deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is a child-safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
The Dads and Fatherhood Worker is responsible for working in partnership with families, and other professionals in a multidisciplinary team. The role will focus on engaging with parent/caregivers who have a fathering role and provide gendered parenting support to the individual and family. The Dads and Fatherhood Worker may work beside the allocated Case Manager within the multidisciplinary approach to support the assessment, therapeutic case work and intervention for child safety risk factors.
Some of the key duties in this role will include:
- Transparent and assertive engagement with families
- Assessment of fathering strengths and areas of need (including child protection risk and protective factors) and together support the development of an individual case plan
- Use the evidence based assessment tools-North Carolina Family Assessment Scale (NCFAS), Protective Factors Scale (PFS-2), Westerman Aboriginal Symptom Checklist Adult (WASC-A)
- Provide father inclusive practice to improve their relationships and connections to family, culture, and community
- Enhance their life skills and efficacy, in creating sustainable safety and stability for their family
- Provide client focused and father inclusive parenting education, counselling, therapeutic interventions, advocacy and referral
See attached Position Description for full details.
- Social Work Degree or equivalent
- Experience engaging with parent/caregivers in a fathering role while providing education and practical and therapeutic interventions
- Experience working with vulnerable families with complex needs
- Knowledge of Child Protection Legislation
- Valid Department for Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check. Checks can be initiated at https://screening.sa.gov.au/
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Case Management Experience
- Sound theoretical knowledge of the impact of childhood trauma and factors affecting attachment as well as relevant therapeutic interventions
- Experience using Athena Penelope client records management software
Culture and Benefits
We believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Michelle Warner, Manager, on 08 8215 6700.
Applications will close at 5pm on Tuesday 20 April 2021.