- Highly skilled multidisciplinary team
- Experienced and supportive leadership
- SCHCADS Award Level 6 ($45.77/hr + super + salary sacrifice tax saving benefit)
- 1 full time position available (Parental leave cover until 17th January 2022)
Early intervention service focused on strengthening parenting capacity to improve family functioning and child safety with children under 18 years of age.
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 600 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is an inclusive, child safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
The Senior Practitioner will lead the quality assurance of the RESTORE – IFS service and may manage a small caseload. The Senior Practitioner is responsible for working in partnership with families, DHS, Department for Child Protection (DCP) and other professionals in a multidisciplinary team setting. The Senior Practitioner will have extensive case management experience, knowledge of practical in-home supports, promote therapeutic and trauma informed practice, and provides parenting skills development to vulnerable families. The Senior Practitioner will also possess an extensive knowledge of Social Work theories and methodologies. The role will provide mentoring and leadership to team members and contribute to program development.
Some of the key duties in this role will include:
- Develop partnership with families, and other professionals in a multidisciplinary team setting
- Provide expert advice and consultation to staff on professional social work case management services
- Promote and advocate for services to be child and family focused
- Demonstrate knowledge of Social Work theories and methodologies
- Display extensive experience of practical and therapeutic in-home assistance, case management, and parenting skills development
- Build and maintain collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders in advocacy of strengthening family support systems
- Contribute to the team’s professional development
See attached Position Description for full details.
To be considered for this position you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Social Work Degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of Child Protection Legislation
- Extensive case management experience
- Experience working with vulnerable families with complex needs
- Experience delivering therapeutic interventions
- Sound theoretical knowledge of the impact of intergenerational trauma, grief and loss and factors affecting wellbeing, as well as relevant therapeutic interventions
- Valid Department for Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check. (previously known as ‘Child-Related Employment Screening Clearance’)
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Experience providing leadership to teams
- Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families with complex
- Experience using Athena Penelope electronic client management system
- Understanding of Quality Assurance
Our Culture and Benefits
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Megan Jones, Manager, on 08 8159 1423.
Applications will close at 5pm Friday, 25 June 2021.
With respect, no agencies please.