- Highly skilled multidisciplinary team
- Experienced and supportive leadership
- SCHCADS Award Level 5 ($41.89 p/h + super + salary sacrifice tax saving benefit)
- Initially based at Seaton, but relocating permanently to a Northern Adelaide base in the near future
- Multiple positions available
Early intervention service focused on strengthening parenting capacity to improve family functioning and child safety with children under 18 years of age.
Our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ 600 staff across metropolitan and regional locations. We deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is a child-safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
The Case Manager is responsible for working in partnership with families and other professionals in a multidisciplinary team. They provide collaborative therapeutic case management to address child safety risk factors, and promote wellbeing. The Case Manager is the families’ key worker within the RESTORE care team and they coordinates practical and therapeutic in-home supports, as well as connection to community networks.
Some of the key duties in this role will include:
- Transparent and assertive engagement with families
- Assessment of parenting strengths and areas of need (including child protection risk and protective factors) and lead collaborative case planning
- Use of evidence based assessment tools including, North Carolina Family Assessment Scale (NCFAS), Protective Factors Scale (PFS-2), Westerman Aboriginal Symptom Checklist Adult (WASC-A)
- Provide inclusive, culturally responsive support to improve families’ relationships and connections to culture and community
- Enhance parent/caregiver life skills and efficacy, in creating sustainable safety and stability for their child(ren) and family
See attached Position Description for full details.
- Social Work Degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of Child Protection Legislation
- Valid Department of Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check (previously known as ‘Child-Related Employment Screening Clearance’)
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Case Management Experience
- Experience working with vulnerable families with complex needs
- Sound theoretical knowledge of the impact of childhood trauma and factors affecting attachment as well as relevant therapeutic interventions
Culture and Benefits
We believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Michelle Warner, Manager, on 08 8159 1430.
Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday, 21 June 2021.
With respect, no agencies please.