- Join one of the leading disability support providers in SA
- Access training in a supported environment
- Rewarding role in a client focused team
- SCHCADS Award 2010 Level 2
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 500 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is an inclusive, child safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
The Disability Support Worker (DSW) is responsible for assisting in the provision of high quality direct care services for people with disability registered with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
The DSW will follow the clients Individual Support Plan to ensure supports are meaningful and responsive to client’s individual need. The DSW will assist in the provision of services and supports that empower clients to maximise independence in their home and community, strengthen relationships with family and social networks and facilitate opportunities for clients to work towards achieving their personal goals.
The DSW will monitor and report articulately on client progress, health and change in circumstances both verbally and in written case notes or reports. The DSW will advocate for our clients, including attending appointments and facilitating the warm referral process to alternate agencies/services as required.
Key Responsibilities and Characteristics
- Supervise and/or support clients with a wide range of daily support and personal care needs under limited supervision either individually or as part of a team.
- Facilitate community access opportunities for clients including participation in social and/or community events and attending medical or other personal appointments.
- Maintain accurate case notes and documentation to monitor and report on client progress, health care and other relevant issues.
- Implement educational, skill development and social activity programs under limited supervision either individually or as part of a team.
- Assist in the development, implementation and review of clients Individual Support Plans under limited supervision either individually or as part of a team.
See attached Position Description for full details.
To be considered for this position you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Certificate III in Disability Services or Individual Support or acceptable alternative
- A commitment undertake Certificate III in Individual Support within 6 months of commencement of employment, completing the Certificate no longer that 2 years after commencement of employment
- Valid Department of Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check (previously known as ‘Child-Related Employment Screening Clearance’)
- Valid NDIS Worker Check
- Valid Australian Driver's Licence
- Current acceptable First Aid and CPR Certificate (CPR updated annually)
- Completion of the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission - Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’
- Willingness and availability to work evenings, weekends and overnights
- Due to the nature of our services, Centacare is required to comply with COVID19 government directions. You will be required to provide Centacare with your COVID19 vaccination certificate. If you cannot comply, you are encouraged to have a confidential conversation with the hiring manager about your individual circumstances to find out how this may apply to you.
- Experience working with people with a disability and their families
- Experience working in community based human service
Our Culture and Benefits
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
To hear from some of our disability workers, have a look at this video!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
Applicants from Aboriginal or Torres Strait backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Liam Connelly, Executive Manager, on 08 8215 6821.
With respect, no agencies please.