- Share existing skills and gain new ones
- Meet new people and create social connections
- Contribute to community
Centacare acknowledges and values the contribution volunteers make to the agency, its clients, and the community as we strive towards our vision.
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 600 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is an inclusive, child safe and a quality accredited organisation
About the Volunteer Position
Mobile Family Connections focuses on connecting families with their local community, services and other families. The program supports parents to provide children (0 – 5 years old) with secure attachment and quality environments that are safe, positive and stimulating. Services are provided in the Onkaparinga region including Aldinga, Noarlunga, Sellicks Beach and Seaford Meadows.
In this volunteer role, you will help by performing the following duties:
- Support Community Engagement Worker’s (CEW’s) to prepare for playgroup sessions including unloading play equipment from the van and equipment set up.
- Support CEW’s to provide a welcoming and engaging playgroup to adults and children.
- Support CEW’s in story time, snack time and song time.
We are looking for motivated individuals who:
- Outgoing friendly personality
- Ability to relate to and communicate with people from all different cultures, including young children, parents and agency staff
- Ability to work within a team environment, willingness to work within policy guidelines
- Eager and willing to participate in training courses conducted
- Early childhood experience
- Experience working with parents/caregivers
- Student of Social Work degree or equivalent
- Experience engaging and working with vulnerable families
Our volunteers must have a valid Working with Children Check which we can support you to obtain.
Due to the nature of our services, Centacare is required to comply with COVID19 government directions. You will be required to provide Centacare with your COVID19 vaccination certificate. If you cannot comply, you are encouraged to have a confidential conversation with the hiring manager about your individual circumstances to find out how this may apply to you
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious environment free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values.
The benefits of volunteering at Centacare include:
- having fun & making a difference
- increase self confidence
- stay physically & mentally healthy
- a pathway to employment
- annual celebration volunteer celebrations
How to Register Interest
Click on the "Interested" button to submit an application for a volunteer role at Centacare. If you have any questions please contact Sally McLaren, Manager on 08 8215 6312.