- Collaborative and client focused team
- Experienced and supportive leadership
- Longstanding and reputable organisation
- SCHCADS Award 2010 (Level 3 Crisis Accommodation Employee $42.94 p/h + super + salary sacrifice tax saving benefit)
- Contract until 30 June 2022
Assertive outreach and support to young people aged 15-25 with high and complex needs who are homeless or at risk of homelessness based in Elizabeth Park.
Our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ 600 staff across metropolitan and regional locations. We deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is a child-safe and a quality accredited organisation.
About the Position
Outer North Youth Homelessness Services provides outreach and support to individuals, couples and families between 15-25 years who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Services are located in the Playford and Gawler Council areas. Services are delivered in a range of accommodation contexts such as properties owned by Housing SA, Community Housing or private rental, with support also being delivered to young people at home and in a family context.
The Intake Worker/Case Manager provides assessment, planning, facilitation and advocacy for options and services to meet an individual’s holistic needs through communication and available resources to achieve outcomes that meet the clients identified needs and goals.
The key duties in this role will include:
- Conduct Intakes and Assessments to determine needs
- Conduct ongoing risk and safety assessments for at risk young people
- Conducts assertive outreach within the community
- Provide crisis support to presenting clients with high risk and complex needs
- Providing case management to support clients and ability to manage a case load.
See attached Position Description for full details.
To be considered for this position you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in the Human Services Field or extensive experience within the Human Service Field
- Experience in providing crises intervention
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in case management, and demonstrated ability to monitor, review and assess client progress against the case plan
- Experience working with young people with complex issues
- Valid Department of Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check (previously known as ‘Child-Related Employment Screening Clearance’)
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Due to the nature of our services, Centacare is required to comply with COVID19 government directions. You will be required to provide Centacare with your COVID19 vaccination certificate. If you cannot comply, you are encouraged to have a confidential conversation with the hiring manager about your individual circumstances to find out how this may apply to you.
- University Degree in Social Work
- Experience in the homelessness sector and in similar organisations
- Experience in managing tenancies such as moving in and out of property procedures including leases and the application of the Residential Tenancies Act
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate service delivery on behalf of clients
Culture and Benefits
We believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work! We offer benefits such as tax savings via salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, supportive work environment and on-going development through various training opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this position. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button!
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Tracy Ingram, Manager on 08 8412 9584.
Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will close on Wednesday, 08 December 2021.
With respect, no agencies please.