Can you make a positive difference in the lives of people with a disability?
Be part of an organisation that makes a real difference and delivers
- Join one of the leading Disability Support providers in SA
- Access training in a supported environment
- Full salary sacrifice options available
As a Disability Support Worker, your key role will be to help people with a disability to achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
Centacare is a quality accredited organisation and one of South Australia’s most progressive and vibrant agencies.
Centacare Catholic Family Services provides a range of quality human services to individuals, families, and the community.
We are passionate about giving children and adults living with a disability the opportunity to reach their full potential. It is upon this person-centred approach that Centacare has built a reputation for providing flexible, quality care and support.
Want to know more about our history? - please follow the below link:
The Story of Centacare
Overall information about the role....
As a Level 1 Disability Support Worker you will be responsible for assisting in the provision of quality direct care services for people with disabilities, who have a range of support needs, including high support. To assist in the provision of services which are community focussed, based around individual client needs, and which ensure positive relationships with families.
The successful applicant will support individuals to maximise their independence & opportunities for community inclusion by implementing a strength based, person centred approach.
Your role will involve providing high quality, individualised and responsive support services, both in-home and in the community, to clients with a range of physical and intellectual disabilities. You will work in partnership with clients and their informal and formal support networks to assist in building and achieving a quality of life that is meaningful for them. This may involve providing a variety of services designed to assist clients in their day to day life such as:
- Community access including social/community support
- Skill development and capacity building
- Domestic assistance (including meal preparation)
- Personal care (including assistance with showering, toileting and grooming)
- Ongoing training is provided throughout your time at Centacare and you will be well supported by our friendly office staff.
What qualities do we seek in our Disability Support Worker
Our Disability Support Worker must be hightly motivated, confident and reliable with relevant qualifications and experience in Disability and Mental Health.
Our team is committed in the provision of quality accommodation, day options and respite services for individuals with an Intellectual Disability.
- A current Driver’s Licence
- A Senior First Aid Certificate & CPR
- A current Department of Community and Social Inclusion Child Related Employment Screening Clearance
- A commitment to further training as needed
- Available and prepared to work weekends, evenings and in particular passive overnight work will be a significant component of this position
- Prepared to travel across metropolitan Adelaide
- Must be prepared to cover additional shifts as needed at short notice
- Certificate III in Disability or acceptable alternative.
- Mobile phone access
- Experience working with people with a disability and their families
- Experience working in community based human service
- Experience providing direct in-home support to people with physical and intellectual disabilities
Please submit a cover letter and resume (one document) including a brief overview of your experience as it relates to this position and what interests you in this role. Please include in your cover letter your responses to each of the KPI's as outlined in the position description.
It is important that your cover letter and resume is saved and uploaded as one document
This is a rewarding role for a professional who is passionate and aligned with the Centacare's mission of providing relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and will enable them to participate fully, in the community.
Applications will close on Monday 11 June 2018.
To apply for the position, please click the 'apply' button and follow the prompts."