Centacare acknowledges and values the contribution volunteers make to the agency, its clients, and the community as we strive towards our vision.
About the Volunteer Position
The Wandana Community Centre crèche is available to participants of the community centre’s programs, and offers a safe and fun environment for 0-5 year old to play and learn while parents are accessing services.
The Wandana Community Centre playgroup focusses on child and parent wellbeing, learning and development.
The crèche/playgroup volunteers under the guidance of staff at Wandana Community Centre help run the crèche/playgroup.
We are looking for motivated individuals who:
- Outgoing friendly personality
- Ability to relate to and communicate with people from all different cultures,
including young children, parents and agency staff
- Ability to work within a team environment, willingness to work within policy
- Eager and willing to participate in training courses conducted
- Due to the nature of our services, Centacare is required to comply with COVID19 government directions. You will be required to provide Centacare with your COVID19 vaccination certificate. If you cannot comply, you are encouraged to have a confidential conversation with the manager about your individual circumstances to find out how this may apply to you.
- Previous experience in child care or nursing or related field
- Previous or current studies in childcare
- Previous or current experience working with individuals from culturally and
linguistically diverse backgrounds
Our volunteers must have a valid Working with Children Check which we can support you to obtain.
What's in it for you
The benefits of volunteering at Centacare include:
- Share existing skills and gain new ones
- Meet new people and create social connections
- Contribute to community
- having fun & making a difference
- increase self confidence
- stay physically & mentally healthy
- a pathway to employment
- annual celebration volunteer celebrations
Who we are
Each year, we support more than 30,000 people through community services in metropolitan and regional South Australia, operating within a strong ethical framework. We are client focused and provide support regardless of race, economic circumstance, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief or ethnic background. Centacare is a Child Safe, Quality Accredited Organisation and is a registered NDIS provider. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work.
To learn more about us, click on the video Centacare Catholic Family Services - Our Story.
How to Register Interest
Click on the "Interested" button to submit an application for a volunteer role at Centacare. If you have any questions please contact Robyn Johnson, Community Centre Coordinator, on 08 8215 6333.