Join a multidisciplinary team to support young people aged 12-25 with mild to moderate mental health concerns.
Youth Mental Health Clinician will provide psychosocial assessment, suicide risk assessment and management, and evidence-based mental health counselling interventions to young people with mild to moderate mental health concerns.
Enhanced Care Mental Health Clinician will partner with young people, their family and friends, and other services to achieve young people’s goals for their mental health and general wellbeing.
This is a fixed term opportunity until 30 June 2023 (a subsequent fixed-term period may be offered subject to funding).
See attached Position Description for full details.
What you need to bring
- Proven experience working with young people aged 12-25 and their family and friends
- Proven experience in working with people experiencing mental health and other wellbeing concerns
- An understanding of the youth mental health sector in Adelaide
- At least 2 years' experience working in the mental health sector
You must be one of the following:
- A Psychologist who holds general registration or who has an area of practice endorsement
- OR a Social Worker who has membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) and is certified by AASW as meeting the standards for mental health set out in the document published by AASW titled ‘Practice Standards for Mental Health Social Workers’, as in force on 8 November 2008
- OR an Occupational Therapist with Better Access to Mental Health (BAMH) endorsement
- OR a Registered Nurse with additional qualifications in mental health
- OR be eligible for the above and commit to achieving the appropriate accreditation/registration/endorsement within the first 12 weeks of employment
- Valid Department of Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check. (previously known as ‘Child-Related Employment Screening Clearance’)
- Due to the nature of our services, Centacare is required to comply with COVID19 government directions. You will be required to provide Centacare with your COVID19 vaccination certificate. If you cannot comply, you are encouraged to have a confidential conversation with the hiring manager about your individual circumstances to find out how this may apply to you.
- Post graduate qualification in a relevant area of practice is desirable
What's in it for you
- SCHCADS Award 2010 $40.00 to $49.00 per hour + super
- Generous salary packaging to help increase your take home pay
- Work in a friendly, collaborative and supportive environment
- Longstanding and reputable organisation
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 6 weeks parental leave for primary carer and 2 weeks for secondary carer
Who we are
Each year, we support more than 30,000 people through community services in metropolitan and regional South Australia, operating within a strong ethical framework. We are client focused and provide support regardless of race, economic circumstance, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief or ethnic background. Centacare is a Child Safe, Quality Accredited Organisation and is a registered NDIS provider. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work.
To learn more about us, click on the video Centacare Catholic Family Services - Our Story
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this role as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Milijana Stojadinovic, Manager, on 08 8215 6701.
Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
With respect, no agencies please.