A rewarding role that supports families with children (unborn to 18 years), who are experiencing multiple and complex issues. Based in Salisbury
The Registered/Clinical Nurse will be responsible for working in partnership with families, and other professionals in a multidisciplinary team. The CN provides assessment, health education, referral and advocacy. The health interventions will inform the assessment of child safety risk factors and promote wellbeing. The CN works within the RESTORE care team and provides in-home health interventions. The CN works with families who have disengaged from primary health services and works towards reengaging families with health supports networks.
This is a fixed term opportunity until 30 June 2023 (a subsequent fixed-term period may be offered subject to funding).
See attached Position Description for full details.
What you need to bring
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and who holds, or is eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate
- Knowledge of Child Protection Legislation
- Valid Department of Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check. (previously known as ‘Child-Related Employment Screening Clearance’)
- Due to the nature of our services, Centacare is required to comply with COVID19 government directions. You will be required to provide Centacare with your COVID19 vaccination certificate. If you cannot comply, you are encouraged to have a confidential conversation with the hiring manager about your individual circumstances to find out how this may apply to you.
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Ability to undertake some work out of standard work hours when required
- Experience working with vulnerable families with complex needs
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary setting
- Sound theoretical knowledge of the impact of childhood trauma and factors affecting development and attachment
- Strongly desired experience in paediatrics, mental health, family and child health
What's in it for you
- FTE negotiable, 0.8 to 1.0 FTE
- Above award rate of pay + super
- Generous salary packaging to help increase your take home pay
- Opportunity to work alongside Dr Jackie Amos
- Working from a therapeutic framework, as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 6 weeks parental leave for primary carer and 2 weeks for secondary carer
- Study leave for ongoing employees
Who we are
Each year, we support more than 30,000 people through community services in metropolitan and regional South Australia, operating within a strong ethical framework. We are client focused and provide support regardless of race, economic circumstance, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief or ethnic background. Centacare is a Child Safe, Quality Accredited Organisation and is a registered NDIS provider. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work.
To learn more about us, click on the video Centacare Catholic Family Services - Our Story
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this role as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Megan Jones, Manager, on 08 8159 1423.
Applications close 5pm on Monday, 22 August 2022.
Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
With respect, no agencies please.