Join a multidisciplinary team to support young people aged 12-25 in addressing their mental health care needs.
Enhanced Care Mental Health Clinician will partner with young people, their family and friends, and other services to achieve young people’s goals for their mental health and general wellbeing.
Enhance Care Mental Health Clinician will provide psychosocial assessment and psychological therapies to young people aged 16-25 and provide clinical leadership support to colleagues, managers, and other stakeholders.
This is a fixed term opportunity until 30 June 2023 (a subsequent fixed-term period may be offered subject to funding).
See attached Position Description for full details.
What you need to bring
- Qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, or Mental Health
You must be one of the following:
- A Psychologist who holds general registration or who has an area of practice endorsement
- OR a Social Worker who has membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) and is certified by AASW as meeting the standards for mental health set out in the document published by AASW titled ‘Practice Standards for Mental Health Social Workers’, as in force on 8 November 2008
- OR an Occupational Therapist with Better Access to Mental Health (BAMH) endorsement
- OR a Registered Nurse with additional qualifications in mental health
- OR be eligible for the above and commit to achieving the appropriate accreditation/registration/endorsement within the first 12 weeks of employment
- Valid Department of Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check. (previously known as ‘Child-Related Employment Screening Clearance’)
- Ability to comply with COVID-19 vaccination requirements
- Post graduate qualification in a relevant area of practice is desirable
What's in it for you
- SCHCADS Award 2010 Level 6 $49.07 per hour + super
- Generous salary packaging to help increase your take home pay
- Meal and entertainment card option available
- Work in a friendly, collaborative and supportive environment
- Longstanding and reputable organisation
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 6 weeks parental leave for primary carer and 2 weeks for secondary carer
- Study leave for ongoing employees
- Health insurance discounts with Bupa
Who we are
Each year, we support more than 30,000 people through community services in metropolitan and regional South Australia, operating within a strong ethical framework. We are client focused and provide support regardless of race, economic circumstance, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief or ethnic background. Centacare is a Child Safe, Quality Accredited Organisation and is a registered NDIS provider. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work.
To learn more about us, click on the video Centacare Catholic Family Services - Our Story
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this role as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Nicole Wilson, Manager, on 08 8215 6740.
Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
With respect, no agencies please.