Join one of the leading disability support providers in SA.
Kolbe Day Options offers a centre based activity program for adult NDIS participants. Programs are based around individual needs, interests and lifestyle choices and are designed to help participants develop skills in order for them to achieve their individual goals.
The key duties of the Support Worker includes provision of services and support to clients in accordance with their individual support plans, personal care, participation in community, and support towards achieving personal goals.
A majority of the rostered hours will be between the hours of 9am and 3pm Monday to Friday, however there will be a requirement to work outside of these hours when supporting a Short Term Accommodation stay.
See attached Position Description for full details.
What you need to bring
- Certificate III in Disability Services or Individual Support or acceptable alternative
- A commitment undertake Certificate III in Individual Support within 6 months of commencement of employment, completing the Certificate no longer that 2 years after commencement of employment
- Valid Department of Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check (previously known as ‘Child-Related Employment Screening Clearance’)
- Valid NDIS Worker Check
- Valid Australian Driver's Licence
- Current acceptable First Aid and CPR Certificate (CPR updated annually)
- Completion of the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission - Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety and You’
- Willingness and availability to work between 9am to 3pm, Monday to Friday and some passive overnight shifts across 7 day roster
- Ability to comply with Centacare Policy COVID-19 Vaccination requirements
- Experience working with people with a disability and their families
- Experience working in community based human service
What's in it for you
- SCHCADS Award 2010 Level 2 $30.46 per hour + super
- Generous salary packaging to help increase your take home pay
- Meal and entertainment card option available
- Rewarding role in a client focused team
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 6 weeks parental leave for primary carer and 2 weeks for secondary carer
- Study leave for ongoing employees
- Private Health Insurance discount
Who we are
Each year, we support more than 30,000 people through community services in metropolitan and regional South Australia, operating within a strong ethical framework. We are client focused and provide support regardless of race, economic circumstance, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief or ethnic background. Centacare is a Child Safe, Quality Accredited Organisation and is a registered NDIS provider. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work.
To learn more about us, click on the video Disability Services
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this role as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Jo Melecio - HR/Recruitment Coordinator on 08 8215 6700.
Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.