If you are seeking a flexible and rewarding role where you can use your skills to support people in need, this role may be for you. Compassion, honesty, reliability, good communication and willingness to learn are essential.
The Home Care Worker is responsible for providing high quality supports to the client in their personal home or whilst accessing the community.
The Home Care Worker will follow the clients individual Care Plan to respond to specific needs, goals and interests with a focus on wellness and reablement. To ensure supports are responsive and meaningful, the Home Care Worker will monitor and report on client progress, wellbeing and change in circumstances or support needs through maintaining legible documentation and communication with their line manager.
See attached position description for full details.
What you need to bring
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Aged Care) or equivalent
- Valid Department of Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check
- Valid NDIS Worker Screening clearance
- High level honesty and integrity
- First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Valid Australian Driver’s Licence and access to roadworthy and comprehensively insured vehicle
- Ability to comply with COVID-19 vaccination requirements
- Ability and availability to work outside of normal hours in a shift work capacity
- Must have regular availability to work multiple shifts per week
What's in it for you
- Multiple casual roles available
- SCHCADS Award 2010 Home Care Employee Level 2 $24.26 per hour + (25%
casual loading) + super
- Generous salary packaging to help increase your take home pay
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 6 weeks parental leave for primary carer and 2 weeks for secondary carer
- Private Health Insurance discount
Who we are
Each year, we support more than 30,000 people through community services in metropolitan and regional South Australia, operating within a strong ethical framework. We are client focused and provide support regardless of race, economic circumstance, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief or ethnic background. Centacare is a Child Safe, Quality Accredited Organisation and is a registered NDIS provider. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work.
To learn more about us, click on the video Centacare Catholic Family Services - Our Story
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this role as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Natalie Tucker, Program Manager, on 0439 688 379.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible; applications will be shortlisted as received and the job advertisement may close without notice.
Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.