- Share existing skills and gain new ones
- Meet new people and create social connections
- Contribute to community
Centacare acknowledges and values the contribution volunteers make to the agency, its clients, and the community as we strive towards our vision.
At Centacare Catholic Family Services, our mission is to provide relevant, authentic and effective services that will enhance the quality of life of our clients and enable them to participate fully in the community. We employ approximately 600 staff across our metropolitan and regional locations and we deliver services to over 30,000 South Australians each year, without regard to religion, race, culture, sexuality, gender or economic circumstance. We support people in the areas of disability, family, youth and children, health and well-being, education and training, homelessness and domestic violence. Centacare is an inclusive, child safe and a quality accredited organisation
About the Volunteer Position
Wandana Community Centre (WCC), through its participant surveys and feedback initiatives has identified an appetite for a ‘budget style’ cooking program for older persons.
This volunteering role will support to plan and deliver a short meal planning, budgeting and cooking program of approx. 1 session per week x 6 weeks.
- Participate in developing a plan for each session
- Support in the delivery of cooking program
- With the manager’s guidance, use WCC petty cash to shop for program supplies or provide detailed list of resources required to administration assistant to obtain
We are looking for motivated individuals who:
- have experience in delivering a similar program to small groups
- are committed and reliable
- have a good level of communication and interpersonal skills
- have a caring and patient attitude towards others
- are willing to provide the best possible customer service
- are able to volunteer in a team environment with other staff & volunteers
- are able to comply with the confidentiality & privacy policies of Centacare
- have a genuine desire to help
- have a high level of integrity
- are able to take direction from staff
Our volunteers must have a valid Working with Children Check which we can support you to obtain.
At Centacare we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious environment free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values.
The benefits of volunteering at Centacare include:
- having fun & making a difference
- increase self confidence
- stay physically & mentally healthy
- a pathway to employment
- annual celebration volunteer celebrations
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN UNPAID ROLE.
How to Apply
To submit your interest, click on the Apply button!
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Robyn Johnson, Community Centre Coordinator, on 08 8215 6333.