Make a difference in the lives of people with a disability and join a leading NDIS provider in South Australia.
Lead a quality Supported Independent Living service and help clients to reach their optimum potential in accordance with their personal goals and choices.
This role is a blend of shift work and administration responsibilities.
Working cooperatively within the Care and Support Services unit, the Team Leader will:
- Provide direct care and support to clients in a manner that is consistent with their choices and expressions.
- Ensure a household environment where participants are provided the opportunity to express their own needs and choices whilst recognising the preferences of others.
- Ensure clients and significant others are involved in the decision-making processes around their wellbeing and lifestyle
- Work directly with clients and other stakeholders (guardians, external providers, practitioners) to ensure that clients' health and social needs are met.
- Engage with and facilitate the involvement of families and significant others.
See attached position description for full details.
What you need to bring
- Minimum Certificate IV in Disability Services or similar
- Demonstrated experience supporting clients with complex health and behavioural needs
- Demonstrated experience and supervising person-centred practice
- Strong communication skills and the ability to liaise with a wide group of stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes for participants
- Experience managing, leading and supervising staff
- Valid Department of Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check
- Valid NDIS Worker Check
- Valid First Aid Certificate & CPR
- Valid Australian Driver's Licence
- Willingness and availability to work evenings, weekends and overnights
- Ability to comply with Covid-19 vaccination requirements
- Ability to participate in the out-of-hours on-call roster, on-call allowances will apply as per the award
- Ability to travel for meetings when required
- Degree in Disability, Developmental Education, Health or similar
- Experience conducting staff training
- Manual Handling Certificate that is less than 12 months old
- Experience using Penelope electronic client management system
Applications from people with experience in the healthcare sector are encouraged.
What's in it for you
- SCHCADS Award 2020 Level 4 $39.26 per hour + super
- Generous salary packaging to help increase your take home pay
- Meal and entertainment card option available
- Rewarding role in a client focused team
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Quality accredited and reputable organisation
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 6 weeks parental leave for primary carer and 2 weeks for secondary carer
- Study leave for ongoing employees
- Private Health Insurance discount
Who we are
Each year, we support more than 30,000 people through community services in metropolitan and regional South Australia, operating within a strong ethical framework. We are client focused and provide support regardless of race, economic circumstance, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief or ethnic background. Centacare is a Child Safe, Quality Accredited Organisation and is a registered NDIS provider. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work.
To learn more about us, click on the video Disability Services
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this role as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Liam Connelly, Executive Manager on 08 8215 6700.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible; applications will be shortlisted as received and the job advertisement may close without notice.
Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.