Contribute to quality improvement activities and initiatives to support the organisation in the provision of quality services.
The Policy and Quality Assurance (PaQA) team is responsible for coordinating the activities and initiatives to support the organisation in providing quality services and to meet accreditation standards and legislative requirements. The Policy and Quality Officer will be required to perform procedural, administrative and operational tasks to support the team in the provision of quality assurance services to the organisation.
Working as a member of the PaQA team and utilising a collaborative and consultative approach, the following key responsibilities will ensure you contribute to the team meeting its objectives.
- Undertaking policy and procedure review including research, consultation and support
- Providing support to managers and workers to ensure policies and processes are implemented consistently across the organisation.
- Supporting development of, and conducting internal audits across the organisation and reporting outcomes and recommendations
See attached position description for full details.
What you need to bring
- Valid Department of Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Demonstrated experience in policy and procedure development and review
- Demonstrated experience in internal audit processes
- Understanding of and/or experience with the principles underlying CQI
- Sound computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise and plan workload
- Capability to establish effective working partnerships across all dimensions of the workplace
- Excellent customer service skills
- Current South Australian Drivers licence
- Ability and availability to travel between offices and working at alternate Centacare sites and occasional intra-state travel to regional sites including overnight stays when required
- Ability to do occasional work outside of standard hours when required
- Ability of own vehicle for work purposes
- Sound knowledge of quality accreditation processes including demonstrated experience in external reviews against recognised standards
- Skills and experience in SharePoint and Teams
- Experience in the community services sector and/or non-for-profit sector
- Well-developed report writing skills
What's in it for you
- Competitive remuneration
- Generous salary packaging to help increase your take home pay
- Meal and entertainment card option available
- Experienced, committed and supportive team
- Quality accredited and reputable organisation
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 6 weeks parental leave for primary carer and 2 weeks for secondary carer
- Study leave for ongoing employees
- Health insurance discounts with Bupa
Who we are
Each year, we support more than 30,000 people through community services in metropolitan and regional South Australia, operating within a strong ethical framework. We are client focused and provide support regardless of race, economic circumstance, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief or ethnic background. Centacare is a Child Safe, Quality Accredited Organisation and is a registered NDIS provider. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work.
To learn more about us, click on the video Centacare Catholic Family Services - Our Story
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining your experience in policy development and quality assurance including participation in compliance audits and how you meet the requirements of this role as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Susan Thomson, Manager, on 08 8215 6802.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible; applications will be shortlisted as received and the job advertisement may close without notice.
Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
With respect, no agencies please.