Provide direction and leadership to a team of dedicated workers and contribute as a member of the Relationships Support Services Unit leadership team.
Centacare provides confidential counselling support to individuals, couples, families, and children. Our emphasis is on safe and respectful family interactions while maintaining a child focus. Family Relationship Counselling is available to help manage a range of relationship issues which may impact on individual, child, and family wellbeing. Where issues arise from relationship changes, separation and divorce, family law counselling, therapeutic interventions, support, information groups and referrals are available. The Manager of Counselling Services oversees counselling staff across multiple sites across Metropolitan and Regional locations.
Remuneration and benefits available to you
- Full-time, ongoing role
- SCHCADS Award 2010 Level 7, $53.07 per hour + 10.5% Super
- CBD car park plus Optional Fleet vehicle through salary packaging arrangements
- Flexible working options
- Join an experienced, well-qualified and professional team
- Dynamic, responsive and collaborative leadership
- Quality accredited and reputable organisation
- Ongoing training in a supported environment
- Access to our external Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health insurance discounts with Bupa
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Counselling, Social Work, Psychology or a related discipline
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and consultative skills
- Proficiency in computer use and electronic case management systems
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. The Family Law Act 1975 Cth, Children and Young People Safety Act 2017)
- Understanding of fee for service budget environments
- Demonstrated skills relating to tender writing and grant submissions
- A Current Drivers Licence
- Valid Department of Human Services (DHS) Working with Children Check
- Ability to do some work outside of standard hours and travel between sites when required
- Ability to participate in the out-of-hours on-call responsibilities, on-call allowances will apply as per the award
- Management experience in a non-government setting
- Membership with a relevant professional association (e.g. Australian Counselling Association or Australian Association Social Work)
- Experience and/or qualification in adult education
- Experience using Penelope electronic case management system
See attached position description for full details.
Who we are
Each year, we support more than 30,000 people through community services in metropolitan and regional South Australia, operating within a strong ethical framework. We are client focused and provide support regardless of race, economic circumstance, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious belief or ethnic background. Centacare is a Child Safe, Quality Accredited Organisation and is a registered NDIS provider. We value the uniqueness of individuals, we consult, collaborate and operate with integrity and professionalism. Centacare is committed to cultivating a harmonious workplace free from harassment and discrimination. Equal opportunity principles align with our mission, vision and values. We believe that treating our workers fairly has a positive impact on our clients and maintains our reputation as a great place to work.
To learn more about us and the program, click on the following links: Centacare Catholic Family Services - Our Story, Family Relationship Counselling - Centacare
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter (as one document) outlining how you meet the requirements of this role as outlined in the position description. To access the position description or submit your application click on the Apply button.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Amanda Coldwell, Executive Manager, on 08 8215 6799.
Applicants who are seriously considering applying for this position should submit their application as soon as possible as the vacancy may close sooner.
Applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
With respect, no agencies please.